Saturday 13 July 2013

Holidays ... the rest of the week ... ! x

Hello, oh my hasn't it been hot hot HOT!!!

I hope you have all managed to keep cool, and applied the suntan lotion if you've been out and about!

I am writing this post sat in the evening sun ... isn't it a sheer luxury!!


It's has been a glorious week, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the rest of my week ...

I spent a delightful day with my Mum and her friend from her school days Mu crocheting!! Mu had learnt how to make Granny Squares, but wanted some help on how to join them so with the promise of lunch Mum and I popped along.

I wasn't prepared for the mass of squares Mu had produced ...


The pile of granny squares right at the back we picked out for a cushion cover then all the rest will be a blanket. They are such fabulous vibrant colours Lucy of Attic 24 fame would be proud!

My Mum has crocheted before, so I learnt that day, but only got so far so she too picked up a hook and had a go ...


Mum said ... 'I think this is the first time you have ever taught me something!'

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

So,a lovely relaxing day with lunch in the garden enjoying the sunshine could only be followed in one way ...

Morris Dancing!!!

Aelfgythe Border Morris joined the Wytches dancing at the Coach and Horses Pub in Weatheroak for an evenings dance out.


The Morris diary for the summer months always includes a few dances outs at pubs with fellow morris sides, it is a good excuse for a dance, a drink and a catch up with friends!

This holiday I was able to catch up with a good friend, Bridget and I took a trip to Shrewsbury for a mooch about the shops. It was a wonderful relaxing day, shopping with friends is always wonderful isn't it! I have to recommend the place we had lunch at its called 'The Good Life' and is a wholefood restaurant and the food is divine!!

Obviously this holiday has called for the odd lollipop and ice cream ... 


essential on a hot day!!

Mr Moo and I spent a wonderful day in Stratford-on-Avon enjoying a bit of morris dancing (only watching this time!!), a little mooch around the shops and a picnic by the river!

The Morris Dancers were in Stratford for Foxtrot, an annual weekend of dance by Foxs Border Morris who I am also a member of. Spending the weekend with Foxs were ...


The Bunnies from Hell dancing Cotswold. They are formed by Cotswold dancers from many various sides who get together during the year to dance at festivals and other Morris events.


Exmoor Border Morris Side ... a side from Exmoor (!) dancing Border!


Clerical Error, another border morris side they have made their way from Flintshire.

And of course the hosts Foxs Morris ...


Also joining Foxs were a few other sides including Powerkegs, Mill Town Cloggies and Plum Jerkum. 

Mr Moo decided to head off for some shade as it was a little warm, and the picnic was cooling. We found an obliging tree offering the most wonderful shade.


The picnic was laid out ... and eaten!


Then it was time to chill out and enjoy the afternoon in the most sensible way ...


It summed up a week were it was 'ok' to kick off our shoes and relax!!


Happy holidays!!

Oh and here are the finished fishes from this months Molly Makes ...


bye, bye,

xxx

PS ... while writing we have had thunder and rain here ... but all the time the sun shone!!

(I did take the computer inside while it rained ... but I have to confess I stood out in it which was glorious!!)

13 comments:

  1. A lovely post your cat is the spitting image of my mog Merlin, I loved all the shots Morris dancers as I should a have been a local Folk and Ale festival this weekend but alas I just not well enough this time, I was looking forward to attending a songwriting workshop too :( Looks like you've had a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh do you have pictures of Merlin on your blog? I will have to go and peep!! I hope you are feeling better soon!! xx

      Delete
  2. I have just taught my mum to crochet too! I work in Shrewsbury sometimes and am planning a little extended trip there on Friday to go to a lovely fabric shop (on my own without small fingers!)then on to work in the afternoon. My neighbour is in the Severn Gilders Morris team and they sometimes play music for us to do our tribal belly dance when we dance out. Such brilliant fun. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jo ...where is the fabric shop? That sounds like a perfect start to the working day!! Yes I know Severn Gilders, we have danced at Ironbridge with them and the Iron Men for their Black Meet!! Small World! x

      Delete
  3. Hello Mellie Moo, thanks for your visits over to mine and your lovely comments! Aren't those granny squares fab, they are going to make a beautiful blanket! Glad you're getting out and enjoying the sun :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats my pleasure I enjoy visiting ... and thank you for following my little blog too!! xxx

      Delete
  4. More lovely staycationing. Your fish are great, really should get mine done, too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do ... I love them Mr Moo couldn't believe I had made them!!! xxx

      Delete
  5. Looks like another fab week in Moo Land - loving the crochet & the dancing pics & the sunshine! :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like the phrase Moo Land ... think I might be using it!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. Very interesting to see the Morris teams in all their various outfits - and how nice to be able to help out your Mum and her friend with the crochet!
    Keep enjoying your lovely summer - it's so nice to know that it's finally settled over there - the long summer nights are glorious aren't they - we miss those so much over here!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy, I have only just realised you are so far away ... and you have your own blog will be following your adventures too now!! xxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely summery images, and I'm so impressed you've finished your Mollie Makes project already. I have the last eight or so still in their envelopes, waiting in a box. There are just so many other projects on my crafting wishlist!

    Isn't it nice to teach your own Mum something? I'm not sure I ever have, but I'm enjoying teaching a friend to crochet, little by little.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message its lovely to hear from you and I enjoy reading the comments you leave.

Thank you,

Mellie
xxx